One does not gain weight only by consuming carbohydrates and fats, but mostly by eating sugar.
If your intake of sugar is moderate, you won’t be at risk, but if you consume great quantities of it, whether it is through foods or drinks that contain a lot of added sugar such as sodas, pouch juices, breakfast cereals, yoghurts, candy, salad dressings, then you are at an increased risk of putting on weight.
Honey, pure fruit juices, raisins, bananas and mangos all contain sugar, but in the form of simple carbohydrates. In case of sugar overdose, the body experiences symptoms such as consequent fatigue, hyperactivity, depression, headaches, yeast infections, sinus issues, colds, sleepiness, and mental disorientation. Moreover, too much sugar may trigger health issues like heart diseases, diabetes, development of cancer, especially breast cancer.
How weight gain and sugar consumption are related?
When we take in sugar, our body uses it as much as it needs it, and the energy levels of our body boost. The rest of the sugar that remains unused is stored as fat. The added sugar differs from the natural one. It reaches the intestines and reacts with the intestinal bacteria, thus increasing the level of blood sugar which in the end results in fat visible in the hips, waist, and thighs.
Say NO to sugar
Do not think that it is impossible to quit sugar. However, while you are in this phase of quitting, you will most likely experience the classic withdrawal symptoms of any addiction such as headaches, sadness, fatigue, queasiness, and cravings. The sugar cravings usually appear after the meal is digested, when the body sends signals to the brain that it is not hungry anymore. This is when you opt for a sweet dessert.
Make sure you stay away from added sugar and do not consume it. Start step by step, with reducing the amount at the beginning, as if you quit it at once, you will only want more. It is recommended that you start by cutting one added sugar at a time. You will surely experience cravings and you will not feel very good, but soon you will start feeling better and your health is going to improve significantly.
A 2-day diet plan which does miracles
- breakfast: eat one cup of oats, and add some berries and almonds/seeds to it, or eat three eggs, boiled or scrambled
- morning snack: take one bowl of nuts
- lunch: eat chicken breast and add some cooked butternut squash, beets, turnips, carrots, parsnips, almonds and beans
- dinner: have broiled fish and a bowl full of green beans, or you can either have salmon and fried broccoli and mushrooms
- breakfast: have a cup of steel cut oats and berries/seeds/almonds or three scrambled eggs with some spinach
- mid-morning snack: have a smaller bowl of nuts
- lunch: consume grilled zucchini and yellow and red peppers with some lemon, vinegar and thyme dressing, or a salad made from shredded red and green cabbage, and shredded carrots with olive oil, salt, lemon and parsley
- dinner: have soap made of beans or baked cod and steamed green vegetables with vegetable casserole. You can also have baked cod with stir-fried bok choy and roasted Brussels sprouts and turnips instead
- breakfast: have a cup of steel oats with seeds, berries and almonds for breakfast, or an omelet made from three eggs and shrimps with sautéed kale, radish salad and walnuts
- mid-morning snack: a small bowl of nuts
- lunch: prepare roasted chicken thighs with some lemon, rosemary, and sage, or chicken roasted in oven, with thyme, black olives, and onion
- dinner: for dinner you should consume mushrooms with onion, garlic, broth, celery, carrots, thyme, and bay leaves, or penne pasta from brown rice with sauce made from mushrooms, tomato, and basil.
Sugar detox drinks
Taking in consideration that you should stop consuming the sugary drinks, you should replace them with these detox drinks which will help you boost your metabolism.
- detox water: for preparation of this beverage you should chop berries, strawberries, grapefruits, oranges and some fresh rosemary and mint, and then put everything into a jar and add water to the jar. store the jar in the fridge and drink this beverage on a daily basis
- tea: start consuming green or any herbal tea three times a day, but do not add any sugar to it
- coffee: make sure you do not drink more than one cup of black coffee a day, and that you do not add sugar to it
This diet plan will keep your sugar cravings under control, so you should not hesitate anymore and start the quitting process right away.