According to various experts, dangerous worms may develop in your body and be detrimental to your health. All this can happen if you consume a particular kind of food, which is often consumed throughout the world. This food isn’t healthy and it triggers parasites inside your body. In a particular case in Cambridge, a man suffered from various symptoms. The man traveled to Thailand, Asia, China, Japan and South Korea and got the infection. Unfortunately, the parasites can only be removed with a surgical procedure.
The infection is called taeniasis and it is caused by the tapeworm, a type of parasite. The parasites come from contaminated food and water. Hence, when you consume contaminated drinks or food, you can contract a parasite which will attack your body and reproduce inside your body. However, most of the people who deal with taeniasis have no symptoms. Rarely, there may be some symptoms, such as
- digestive problems
- blockage of the intestine
- unexplained weight loss
How Can a Person Develop Taeniasis?
Taeniasis may be developed by eating raw or undercooked pork or beef. The contaminated food usually contains tapeworm eggs, or larvae, which grow in your intestines when eaten. Moreover, even when the meat is fully cooked, the larvae may not be destroyed and they will develop inside your body. Additionally, poor hygiene of beef or pork can also cause spreading of taeniasis. Hence, in order to prevent this infection, you should always cook the meat well and wash your hand before and after cooking it. The best thing you can do is avoid consuming pork or beef to prevent developing taeniasis.