This post is going to be short and sweet. Possibly because it’s the last day of Ramadan, and because 18 hours of daily fasting for a month is now going to culminate in me flopping onto the bed in a vegetated state…dreaming of (gluten-free, homemade) muffins. Oh, all the muffins that I will eat.
But I digress. The point is that being in a vegetated state made me feel like I was sitting like a lemon, which made me think of the best tip I usually give clients: to drink lemon water. Yes, that is how my brain works.
There may be a hundred posts about this on the Internet already, but I want to add to the pool because there are hundreds of people who don’t do this, still don’t know about it and could benefit greatly!
The Morning Lemon Trick
Here’s How You Do It
Heat some water in a kettle in the morning and then mix it with some room temperature to make it drinkable. In your mug, squeeze about half a lemon (or quarter, to start). Drink on an empty stomach.
Here’s Why It’s Awesome
- Reduces bloating
- Helps with weight loss (for an added kick, add a pinch of cayenne pepper to boost metabolism)
- Helps you poop if constipated
- Clears up skin blemishes & acne
- Boosts immune system
- Helps maintain pH balance in the body (more alkaline = better energy & overall health)
- Replenishes electrolytes lost through exercise
- Makes digestion stronger i.e. easier to break down food, especially fat
- Reduces pain & inflammation in joints
But seriously, do this for a week. You might get hooked like my clients typically do. It just clears out the gunk from the night before and makes digestion so much better that day. Your skin should start to look and feel better pretty quickly as well.